Did you know the humble hair pin is not so humble after all? Used by women across the world for centuries, this little accessory packs a whole lot of glamour and versatility. From Old Hollywood slides glimpsed on red carpets to super cute pins criss-crossed for decorative effect, the hair pin has transformed from the simple bobby pin to a more flamboyant version of itself.
PHOTOGRAPHY: JON CU
Here at La Belle, we ADORE the hairpin. It’s the perfect hair accessory for any bride looking to make an understated or extravagant statement. Wear singularly or cluster together, boldly mix and match, or aim for minimalism. To celebrate our beautiful June Blossom Hair Pin with its artful spray of freshwater pearl buds and beautiful ivory blooms, La Belle has put together a mini-guide of all the ways to wear them.
1. Slide across bangs to sweep hair off the face. Think golden era Hollywood or art deco elegance.
2. Pin above a loose chignon at the nape of the neck. Perfect for subtle wedding day looks and ‘less is more’ statements.
3. Create the illusion of a larger hair piece over the top of a bridal veil. Add as many pins as you want depending of the aesthetic you’re going for.
4. Slip into the top of a crown chignon for an eye-catching effect. This classic ancient Greek look is the ultimate in sophistication.
5. Scatter through braids, plaits or pixie cuts for a carefree bohemian look. Think 1960’s hippy chic or Drew Barrymore’s iconic 90’s look.
6. Secure into twists along the side of the head to re-create an angelic wreath effect.
7. Slide above a sleek, ponytail that trails down the back.
The hair pin really is so adaptable, we dare you to try it yourself. Got any great ideas on how to wear a hair pin? We’d love to hear about it in the comments box!